|1. Name of the Project: Emergency Response to Mitigate COVID-19 Impact on the Poor and Marginalized.
ASD as the lead in collaboration with 7 other organizations AITAM, CDA, Nabolok, Nagorik Uddyog, Mukti O Nari, Sharee and Solidarity who are currently partners of BftW and members of the Emergency Cooperation Network (ECNet).
Implementation period: 01 August, 2020 to 31 January, 2021.
Source of Fund: Bread for the World- Protestant Development Service, BftW Germany
Working area: Dhaka City Corporation, Munshigonj, Dinajpur (11 rural upazillas), Kustia, Tangail, Rangpur, Barishal, Pirojpur, Bhola, Moulovi Bazar and Satkhira, Mongla, Bagerhat, Narayangonj and Kurigram.
· Rapid situation survey.
· Organize staff training on COVID-19 awareness, education and transmission & prevention interventions.
· Aware target population with health education and information of COVID-19.
· Orient community level volunteers of simple measures of prevention.
· Organize training on Psycho-social care during emergency.
· Development, printing and distribution of awareness materials: Distribution of Hand washing soap and facial masks.
· Distribution of Hand washing soap and facial masks.
· Conduct livelihood Need Assessment.
· Orient targeted families on small business, entrepreneurship or Income Generating Activities.
· Provide food support.
· Provide IGA support.
· Protect development workers (NGO workers in the community).
· Lobby with government, local government and district administration.
· Undertake needed advocacy.